Loans for groceries UK
The fact of the matter is that everyone goes through hard times in life. Everything could be going just fine until a disaster hits, putting people back financially and keeping them from getting their basic needs met. In between paying for the bills, helping their families survive, and meeting other important payments, there can be very little left for food. The paycheck might still be more than a week away, which can be extremely discouraging. In such instances, a viable option would be to take out a small loan for food.
Representative Example: Amount of credit: £500 for 3 months. Total amount repayable of £823.26. Interest: £323.26. Interest rate: 292% (fixed). Representative 1192% APR (variable).
Contrary to what some might think, borrowing small loans for food is a very common event. People are constantly put in tough financial situations because of the unavoidable disasters of life, so it makes sense that they would need help taking care of their basic necessities sometimes. There should be no shame behind the desire to take out a loan for real necessities. Even something like a good grocery run would be enough to support an entire family for a week in between your next paycheck.
Benefits of taking out a small loan (groceries loans)
To help you get the full picture of whether or not you should take out a small loan for food and other necessities, we will cover the benefits and risks of these types of short-term loans. Let’s start with the benefits.
- You can potentially borrow up to £5000
- Reasonable interest rates
- Smaller payments can be made within a month, while larger payments can be made within 3 years (all terms and conditions depend on the individual lender)
- Fixed payments allow you to choose the length of the loan term
- You can easily plan your budget because of these fixed payments
Risks of taking out a loan
- If you can’t meet your payments on time, there’s a risk of your damaging your credit score
- Your credit score will be a determining factor of whether or not you qualify for the loan, although we allow people of all credit backgrounds to apply
- Your interest rates might be higher than expected, although this depends on each individual lender
Other Financial Alternatives
If you are in need of funds for your groceries, we have a few alternatives that might help.
- You can ask for an advance in wages from your employers. Many employers will understand their employees’ situation and allow for an advanced paycheck. You can use this money wisely to meet your needs.
- Ask your close friends or relatives for help. You can draft an agreement to assure your loved ones that you will pay them back within a reasonable amount of time.
- Use your credit card. Even if you don’t want to dip into your credit card, it can come in handy during hard times.
- Go to your local welfare institution for assistance. There are special organisations in every region to assist individuals and families who cannot afford to support themselves. Clothing, food, heating, and temporary shelter can be provided.
How to sign up for a loans for groceries
If you’ve read all of the above and are confident that you can pay back your short-term loans on time, then you can apply today on our easy online form. If approved, your funds will be transferred over to your account as soon as the next business day.